How We Work
In Automated Intelligence, we have three guiding principles:
Care underpins all our interactions, recognising that support and mutual respect brings about the best results and is integral to how we succeed and thrive in our work.
An eye for detail, and a drive for excellence in delivery for customers and colleagues alike, the Finance function places quality at the centre of our work. We offer support and training to our Team to enhance and develop quality skills.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to continuous improvements of administration processes within the Finance function, wherever they arise from and however they can be improved/fixed.
You will be part of the Finance function within the Operations department where you will provide administrative support for a range of finance tasks. No two days will be the same and being able to work effectively on multiple tasks throughout any one day is essential in this busy and rewarding role.
Main Purpose of Job
Main duties include: (but not limited to):
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of monthly management accounts, weekly and ad-hoc reports as required
- Preparation of Sales invoices
- Responsible for the timely receipt of accounts receivable
- Purchase Ledger: Responsible for accurate processing of all supplier invoices and payments
- Bank reconciliations weekly and month-end
- Processing payments
- Responsible for processing Employee Expenses
- Fixed Assets: Responsible for maintaining and updating the fixed asset register
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Assist in the procurement process
- Preparation of grant claims
- Any other reasonable duties as required by management
Responsible for staff/equipment
Responsible to (reporting relationship)
- Minimum of 1 year’s recent experience in a similar role
- Working understanding of key areas of financial administration, including accounts preparation; accounts receivable; purchase ledger and bank reconciliation.
- A desire to progress a career within finance
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s (Grade C or above) to include Maths and English or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of MS packages, specifically Excel
- Independent right to work in the UK
- Experience with accounting software, particularly Xero software
- Experience of finance administration within a software company
- Accounting Technician qualification (IATI) / Part qualified in CIMA/ACA/ACCA or relevant discipline
- Proficient in the use of MS Teams
The right person will have the following qualities that reflect our core values:
- Always strives for continuous improvement and able to adapt to change with motivation, resilience and positivity
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- 'Can do' attitude to new tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to self-manage, prioritise workload in an agile way and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the confidence to deal with employees appropriately at all levels
- Ability to forge effective relationships built on trust, integrity and confidentiality
- Go that extra mile for those around you
We believe Automated Intelligence is a fantastic place to work and, judging by our Employee Satisfaction scores, so do our employees! In addition to an exciting and challenging work environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews
- Flexible working environment with (with flexible hours!)
- Focus on employee wellbeing – Healthcare Cash Plan with EAP, engagement and social activities
- Group Life Cover
- Structured Personal Development Plans
- Employee perk card
- Free parking
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter, clearly demonstrating how you meet essential criteria, HERE by 11th April at 5 pm.
If you wish to apply for this role, please don’t delay as shortlisting will commence as soon as applications are received and interviews with shortlisted candidates will be arranged asap.
Automated Intelligence reserves the right to adjust the criteria as necessary to facilitate the shortlisting process depending on the number of applicants
Automated Intelligence Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date11th April 2021 05:00pm
LocationBelfast (currently home-based)