Graduate Quality Analyst
Automated Intelligence provides a cutting-edge cloud solution to a wide range of organisations. AI.DATALIFT indexes, analyses and controls hundreds of terabytes of data to solve some of the most common data-related problems that exist across the world.
We are looking for a Graduate Quality Analyst, to be an advocate for quality within the team ensuring that the software and solutions we create are of the highest quality both in testing and the improvement of processes.
Main duties include: (but not limited to):
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the implementation process by guiding the team with overall quality awareness to prevent the risk of bugs.
- Have good time management skills, understanding what needs to be done now and what can be delayed.
- Understanding of the various types of testing and implementing them where appropriate in daily work.
- Working with the team to design, plan and implement new features ensuring they meet the customer needs expected.
- Maintain testing environments.
- Take ownership of the creation and execution of functional and non-functional software tests, of current and future versions of the products.
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of automation suites.
- Work closely with other members of the engineering team to investigate test failures and issues.
- Work with customer-facing teams to investigate issues, prioritise, retest and deploy fixes.
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing processes within the team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes to enhance the way we work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Management.
Responsible for staff:
Chris McAtackney (Head of Engineering)
- A 2.1 Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Have a 'Customer-focused' mind-set, understanding the potential user and their needs.
- Experience of issue tracking.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team to deliver high-quality software and an understanding of the importance of a good team ethic.
- Excellent organisational, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the importance of exploratory testing.
- A good understanding or experience working in a fast-paced, Lean environment.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Experience in a QA or related IT function.
- Experience of testing within a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience of working on cloud-based software experience or has a keen interest in cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure in particular).
- Experience in creating or assisting in the creation of automated tests.
- Using automated acceptance test technologies (e.g. Cypress).
- Experience of testing all elements of the testing process; e.g. test generation and execution, issue raising and retesting etc via manual and automated tests.
The right person will have the following qualities that reflect our core values:
- Always strives for continuous improvement and able to adapt to change with motivation, resilience and positivity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude to new tasks
- Thinking ‘outside the box’
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to self-manage, prioritise workload in an agile way and meet deadlines
- Good commercial awareness
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the confidence to deal with employees and stakeholders appropriately at all levels
- Ability to forge effective relationships built on trust, integrity and confidentiality
- Go that extra mile for those around you
Automated Intelligence reserves the right to adjust the criteria as necessary to facilitate the shortlisting process depending on the number of applicants
In addition to an exciting and challenging work environment, we offer;
- Stakeholder Pension
- Health Insurance
- Group Life Cover
- Free Parking
- Flexible Hours
- Social Events
- Free Daily Breakfast
- Weekly Friday Lunch
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, clearly demonstrating how you meet essential criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply for this role, please don’t delay as shortlisting will commence as soon as applications are received and interviews with shortlisted candidates will be arranged asap.
Automated Intelligence Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date31st March 2020 12:00am