Lead Quality Analyst (Product Team)
Automated Intelligence provides a cutting-edge cloud solution to a wide range of organisations. AI.DATALIFT indexes, analyses and controls hundreds of terabytes of data to solve some of the most common data related problems that exist across the world.
The Lead Quality Analyst role has been created to ensure that the software and solutions we create are of the highest quality possible by leading and co-ordinating both testing and process improvement in our team.
Main duties include: (but not limited to):
- Coach/mentor the whole team (both Software Engineers and QA) in effective strategies for ensuring quality software – both from a people and process perspective.
- Take ownership of the creation and execution of functional and non-functional test scenarios for testing of current and future versions of the products.
- Be a “hands-on” leader who spends time every day working as part of the team to test and build testing systems.
- Work with other departments of the business as required (e.g. Customer Support, Professional Services, Legal etc.) to monitor progress and highlight issues that may prevent successful delivery to customers.
- Adhere to customer processes and InfoSec requirements where applicable.
- Configure and maintain a suite of Cloud-based testing environments.
- Identify quality/testing related training needs of the team.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Management.
- 5 years’ recent experience in a Quality-focused role, with strong evidence of leadership and impact on how your team worked.
- Strong understanding of the importance of a respectful and psychologically safe team working environment, where the status quo is often challenged but working relationships remain strong.
- Must have a 'Customer-focused' mind-set, understanding the potential user and their needs
- Proven ability to work reliably and effectively as part of a team that delivered high-quality software (considering factors such as Lead Time, Defect Density, Mean Time to Recovery, Deployment Frequency etc.)
- Demonstrable ownership of the testing process; co-planning with Engineers and Product Manager, creating test strategies/plans, reviewing and executing test scenarios, running exploratory test sessions.
- Experience of User Experience considerations in application design (accessibility, consistency, understandability etc.)
- Experience testing non-functional requirements such as security, usability and performance.
- Proven experience in “shifting quality left” through process improvement or cross-functional team-working.
- Any Cloud-based software experience (Microsoft Azure in particular).
- Experience with automated acceptance test technologies (e.g. Cypress, Selenium) and automated integration testing, even in a “hands-off” way.
- Creation of Wiki documentation for both internal and external use.
Automated Intelligence reserves the right to adjust the criteria as necessary to facilitate the shortlisting process depending on the number of applicants
In addition to an exciting and challenging work environment, we offer;
- Stakeholder Pension
- Health Insurance
- Group Life Cover
- Free Parking
- Flexible Hours
- Social Events
- Free Daily Breakfast
- Friday Lunch
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, clearly demonstrating how you meet essential criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply for this role, please don’t delay as shortlisting will commence as soon as applications are received and interviews with shortlisted candidates will be arranged asap.
Automated Intelligence Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date31st March 2020 12:00am
SalaryUp to £55k DOE