Senior Software Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled developer who wants to immerse themselves in modern technology and practices, and who has a lot to offer from their prior experience.
You will take a senior role in architecting, implementing, and supporting complex distributed applications hosted in Microsoft Azure, while being given the trust and freedom to implement the best solutions within the team.
This is a hands-on development role, where you will be deploying new code daily.
We are looking for someone who loves to work with others; to guide, educate, and learn from. You must have a natural enthusiasm for solving real problems, and a strong drive to continuously improve both what you create and how you create it.
You must be able to understand and empathise with the perspective of the many different people you interact with day-to-day, and balance this against the practical business realities of running a massive service in the Cloud.
Your Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Work within the Product Team to deliver value to our customers with focus on aspects such as web performance, reliability, availability, data processing efficiency and security.
- To stay on the forefront of C# / .NET / Azure and to understand them all at a deep level. You will need to apply your knowledge to new challenges daily.
- Drive continuous improvement, both in your own work and in the practices of the team. This includes technology research, prototyping, mentoring other team members, and ensuring standards are kept high through regular code reviews, pair programming, and cross-team planning sessions.
- Work closely with all teams across the business to deliver creative and sustainable solutions that support Automated Intelligence’s position as a highly respected and valued Microsoft partner.
- Either a degree in a computing related discipline and at least 4 years engineering experience; or at least 6 years engineering experience
- Proven ability in architecting distributed software solutions
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing with C# / .NET
- Experience working in a DevOps culture with CI/CD
- The right to work in the UK
- Experience developing and deploying solutions to the cloud (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, especially networking and security configuration
- Experience of working in the FinTech sector
We are running multiple instances of a service that is itself composed of multiple micro-services. This all works together to process millions of events and provides our customers with the insight and control they need to solve genuine business problems. As a guide on the kind of things you could be working on, these are the technologies and methodologies we have been using over the last year:
- Infrastructure as Code
- CI / CD
- Lean Agile
- .NET Core
- NET WebAPI
- Azure Functions (Serverless processing)
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure SQL
- Azure Storage
- Azure Web Jobs
- Cosmos DB
The right person will have the following qualities that reflect our core values:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Comfortable engaging with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Builds effective relationships based on trust, integrity and confidentiality
- Goes that extra mile for those around them
- Equally at-home working individually and as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to self-manage, flexibly prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Good commercial awareness
- Pro-active and committed
- Looks for opportunities to bring about continuous improvement
- Adapts to change with motivation, resilience and positivity
- Enthusiastic and creative problem-solving skills
- A collaborative attitude to approaching new tasks and challenges
Responsible for staff:
Product Delivery Manager
In addition to an exciting and challenging work environment, we offer;
- Stakeholder Pension
- Health Insurance
- Group Life Cover
- Free Parking
- Flexible Hours
- Remote Working
- Social Events
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, clearly demonstrating how you meet essential criteria, to email@example.com by 17th December 2020.
If you wish to apply for this role, please don’t delay as shortlisting will commence as soon as applications are received and interviews with shortlisted candidates will be arranged asap.
Automated Intelligence reserves the right to adjust the criteria as necessary to facilitate the shortlisting process depending on the number of applicants
Automated Intelligence Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date17th December 2020 05:00pm
LocationBelfast (currently on a remote basis)
Salary£35 - £45k