Automated Intelligence (AI) has won the contract to migrate a local council authority to Microsoft Office 365. The opportunity was made possible through AI’s ongoing Microsoft Partnership with consultancy service, risual.
The council aims to embrace a cloud strategy and realise its full investment in Microsoft Office 365, which was identified as a common platform for the management and storage of the organisation’s unstructured data assets.
The council currently holds 23 Terabytes of unstructured data in file shares, on-premise and cloud document management systems. This can be information which does not have a recognisable structure such as documents, PDFs or emails. At AI, we understand the risk associated with unstructured data as this information makes it challenging for an organisation to appropriately manage data compliantly.
The council wanted to achieve the following from the migration project:
- Reduce costs: Alleviate the burden of storing Redundant, Obsolete and Trivial (ROT) data via high-speed, intelligent remediation, archival and migration capabilities
- Realise investment: Secure a ROI from Microsoft Office 365 by enabling users to work seamlessly and efficiently from the outset
- Replace legacy systems: Remove dependence associated with supporting and maintaining different on–premise and cloud document management repositories
- Reduce risk: Identify all personally identifiable information located within the council’s data estate
- Enhance productivity: Take advantage of Office 365 licences whereby users collaborate using modern ways of working, from anywhere, at any time, on any authorised device
As part of the project, Automated Intelligence will deploy its powerful data management platform, AI.DATALIFT, to identify all ROT data held by the council and dispose of any low-value content to improve business processes and save on costs. Migration to Office 365 will also alleviate the organisation’s reliance with using on–premise and document management repositories.
AI.DATALIFT will perform an analysis of all personally sensitive data and ascertain the risk within the council’s data to assist in meeting key regulations such as GDPR.
Eamon O’Connor, Partner Solutions Specialist, Automated Intelligence said, “This is a great opportunity for us to work with this local council authority. Working from the cloud will allow users to work with enhanced productivity and collaborate in a more efficient way. We are delighted our continued strategic partnership with risual allows us to deliver cloud-based solutions that meet the requirements of our customers.”
risual’s Partner Account Manager, Vivian Lines, said, “risual and Automated Intelligence’s partnership has the potential to ensure increased productivity, reduced costs and more control of the data organisations own. It’s going to be great to see this local council authority take advantage of the potential we can offer and improve their business.”